Location of Rääkkylä in Finland
|Sub-region||Central Karelia sub-region|
|• Municipal manager||Tuula Luukkonen|
|• Total||699.68 km2 (270.15 sq mi)|
|• Land||427.68 km2 (165.13 sq mi)|
|• Water||272.01 km2 (105.02 sq mi)|
|Area rank||197th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||258th largest in Finland|
|• Density||4.83/km2 (12.5/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||97.6% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||8.2%|
|• 15 to 64||50.5%|
|• 65 or older||41.2%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||21.5%|
Rääkkylä (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈræːˌkːylæ]; Swedish also Bräkylä) is a municipality of Finland. It is located in the province of Eastern Finland and is part of the North Karelia region. The municipality has a population of 2,064 (31 March 2021), which make it the smallest municipality in North Karelia in terms of population. It covers an area of 699.68 square kilometres (270.15 sq mi) of which 272.01 km2 (105.02 sq mi) is water. The population density is 4.83 inhabitants per square kilometre (12.5/sq mi). The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
- Actor Esa Pakarinen (1911–1989), better known for his role as Pekka Puupää
- Author Raimo J. Kinnunen (born 1931)
- Mari and Sari Kaasinen, founders of the popular Finnish folk music band Värttinä.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Preliminary population structure by area, 2021M01*-2021M03*". StatFin (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003-2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- "Kuntien nimet ja niiden taivutus" (in Finnish). Research Institute for the Languages of Finland. 14 January 2009. Archived from the original on 23 December 2011. Retrieved 31 May 2009.
Media related to Rääkkylä at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Rääkkylä – Official website (in Finnish)